Climate change is universally recognised as one of the greatest current threats that our world is facing. Our oceans are increasingly polluted with alarming quantities of plastics. The growth of travel is a contributor to these issues. At Specialised Travel, we accept our responsibilities to the communities in which we operate. In December 2020, our Directors set up a Sustainability Committee or “Green Team” with key representatives from each of our business areas to examine all aspects of our own business, and seek ways to try to help and influence our clients and suppliers.
We are committed to:
- Measuring our impact on the environment
- Setting targets for ongoing improvement
- Complying with all relevant environmental legislation
- Reducing any harmful impact our operations may have on the local & global environment
- Raising staff awareness of environmental issues, and enlisting their support and “buy-in” to all the company’s policies on sustainability
- Working alongside key travel partners to support environmentally friendly practices.
The Sustainability Committee will present a quarterly report to the Directors for them to monitor progress and consider new initiatives and our Sustainability Policy will be reviewed annually. Our full policy can be viewed here.